Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The paradox of Choice

TED (conference)
TED (conference) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
I have a goal of listening to a couple TED talks each week.   I just listened to Barry Schwartz talk about the Paradox of Choice. TED talk: barry_schwartz_on_the_paradox_of_choice.html

I now have many questions I want to answer, primarily about raising children. So, he just gave me even more to do. :-)

However, his talk makes it clear to me why we seem to have less time in our lives than when we were growing up  - we are spending so much more time making decisions on things that used to be "non-choices".  Never mind that we were young and didn't think about all the things we can think about now (another set of "choices").  Yeesh!

What I appreciate about this talk though, is that it helped me put things back into perspective - if we want more time, get rid of the things that cause us to choose from many options.  And keep in mind that we are doing well, just that there is always more to do than we can get done, so be happy at the end of every day!

Have an outstanding day!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment