|Zen (Photo credit: Josefe aka Hipnosapo)|
- Assess your current environment. There are a number of ways to do this, so figure out what works for you and do it. You may ask a set of questions like, "What ideas speak to me?", What music lifts me?", and "what dreams inspire me?". If you are not getting what you need in your current environment then make some changes - this is not easy.
- Change yourself and your environment. Change both for maximum growth and more successful growth. Define your growth environment. List the key points of your environment, and mark each one with true or false for your current environment. If you answer false to more than five of these statements, your current environment may be hampering your growth. My key environment points list is a variation of the authors:
- Others are ahead of me.
- I am challenged at the right times.
- My focus if forward.
- The atmosphere is affirming.
- I am often out of my comfort zone.
- I wake up excited.
- Failure is not my enemy.
- Others are growing.
- Growth is modeled and expected.
Please repost this if you think it is worth it!